Work at EDCC
POLICY: TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION POLICY NO.: 2.4 C
Assists to plan, coordinate, and implement appropriate school-age experiences in accordance with the policies and philosophy of EDCC.
- Works under the supervision of the Lead Teacher and Site Director.
- Reports directly to the Site Director.
- Provides careful and effective supervision of children’s activities as assigned.
- Facilitates curriculum activities to provide positive learning experiences for EDCC children.
- Assists children in maintaining the standards of behavior set by the program by using non-punitive disciplinary methods and positive reinforcement strategies as demonstrated by the Site Director and Lead Teacher.
- Uploads STEAM lessons onto the EDCC google drive platform to share with other centers. Understands and uses Google drive applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar). EDCC will provide training if necessary.
- Utilizes multiple modes of technology such as iPad, Chromebooks, and Android Tablets to instruct and create lessons that emphasize the 21st-century learning styles.
- Provides careful and concentrated supervision of play areas as well as the classroom to ensure children’s safety and learning.
- Stands the entire time while monitoring children on the play structure, blacktop area, and grassy area during recess and while at the swimming pool.
- Carries out cleaning duties daily to ensure safety and hygiene for students and staff.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned.
- Attends all staff meetings and training sessions, especially on the employee attendance portal (T-Sheets).
- Participates in planning program curriculum as assigned
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with all EDCC staff members.
- Upholds and adheres to all EDCC policies outlined in the EDCC Employee Handbook.
- Interacts positively with all parents and refers appropriate questions and concerns to program teachers and directors.
- Cooperates with other program staff to create and maintain a harmonious and efficient work environment.
- Supervises aides working with them and upholds them to the standards and policies outlined in the EDCC Employee Handbook.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Child Development plus 6 months’ experience, OR
- Minimum of 12 ECE units in college coursework in ECE or child development plus 6 months’ experience in a licensed day care center or similar educational program, OR
- Minimum of 6 units in ECE college coursework to begin work if they are registered to complete the required units, at least 2 units each semester, until they fulfill the requirement.
- Ability to relate positively to children and adults and create a nurturing learning environment.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism from EDCC Lead Teachers and EDCC Site Directors.
- Desires to learn and grow as a school-aged educator.
- Certification in CPR & First Aid totaling 15 hours.