Work at EDCC
POLICY: LEAD TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION POLICY NO.: 2.4 B
Plan, coordinate, and implement appropriate school-age experiences in accordance with the EDCC policies and philosophy of EDCC.
- Works under the supervision of the Site Director.
- Reports directly to the Site Director.
- Supervises and facilitates curriculum activities to provide positive learning experiences for EDCC children.
- Uploads STEAM lessons onto the EDCC google drive platform to share with other centers. Understands and uses Google drive applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar). EDCC will provide training if necessary.
- Utilizes multiple modes of technology such as iPad, Chromebooks, and Android Tablets to instruct and create lessons that emphasize the 21st-century learning styles.
- Incorporates all curriculum into their program that was given to them by Curriculum Specialists.
- Supervises all staff that works with them, upholding and adhering to all EDCC policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Sets and maintains appropriate standards for children’s behavior using non-punitive methods which teach self-discipline while supporting children’s self-esteem.
- Provides careful and concentrated supervision of play areas and in the classroom to ensure children’s safety and learning.
- Stands the entire time while monitoring children on the play structure, blacktop area, and grassy area during recess and while at the pool.
- Carries out cleaning duties daily to ensure safety and hygiene for students and staff.
- Carries out facility maintenance duties as assigned.
- Attends all staff meetings, lead teacher meetings, and any other training session put on by EDCC. For example a training on the employee attendance portal (T-Sheets).
- Provides the director with timely input on needed program supplies and materials.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with all EDCC staff members and directors.
- Interacts positively with all parents and refers all questions and concerns to the Site Director as appropriate.
- Acts as temporary director in the absence of the Site Director.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
LEAD TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Child Development plus 6 months’ experience in working with children, OR
- Minimum of 12 ECE (Early Childhood Education) units of college coursework including general areas of child growth and development; or human growth and development; child, family, and community; and program curriculum, plus 6 months of experience in a licensed day care center or similar educational program.
- Minimum of 6 ECE units to begin work as a teacher if they are registered to complete the required units, at least 2 units each semester, until they reach 12 units.
- Proven ability to interact with others in a positive manner and have training and leadership skills.
- Ability to use and learn new technologies in order to keep up with the 21st-century learning skills.
- Show an interest in researching and presenting new age-appropriate curriculum.
- Ongoing interest in personal and professional development.
- Current certification in First Aid & CPR hours totaling 15 hours.