Work at EDCC
POLICY: SITE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION POLICY NO.: 2.4 A
Develop, plan, coordinate, and evaluate all aspects of the EDCC school-age child care program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of EDCC.
- Works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of a school age child care program in compliance. with federal, state, and program policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensures the safety, health, and welfare of each child in the center.
- Supervises all staff members to create a harmonious and efficient working environment.
- Participates in hiring and evaluating of staff members.
- Encourages professional growth of staff and schedules staff training opportunities.
- Plans and facilitates staff meetings on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Understands and uses Google drive applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar) as well as Employee Attendance Online Portals. EDCC will provide training.
- Conducts monthly fire safety and earthquake safety drills.
- Interacts with parents to keep them informed and answers their questions.
- Provides a monthly parent newsletter and snack menu to keep parents informed of the center’s and their child’s activities using Publisher or Google applications.
- Uploads photos and videos to a social media site to share with parents pictures of their child’s daily activities.
- Maintains an adequate library of relevant educational materials for both staff and parents.
- Represents the EDCC program in various community events, groups, meetings and conferences.
- Maintains an inventory of program supplies, food, equipment, technology and other necessary supplies/materials by ordering or purchasing in a timely manner.
- Maintains a center that is always clean and organized. All supplies are put away, labeled and easily accessible to staff at all times.
- Any storage shed or facility must be clean and well organized with curriculum supplies and/or equipment neatly stored and labeled so that they are easily accessible.
- Plans and puts on an annual holiday performance for the students, parents and families to enjoy, also inviting the school staff to attend.
- Maintains a safe and orderly program environment by arranging for repair/replacement of all types of equipment and the regular cleaning of program areas.
- Directs all planning of program curriculum and approves curriculum turned in from staff by meeting with each staff member monthly to discuss their lessons and make sure they are age-appropriate and follow the expectations set forth by EDCC of a quality lesson.
- Directly supervises children during homework time as well as other activities.
- Provides accurate and timely information on program operation to the Executive Director or Director of Business Services as requested.
- Accurately completes all monthly reports requested by management, including reports on employee attendance and collection of tuition.
- Personally holds employees accountable to the policies listed in the personnel policy manual. This includes conducting verbal warnings and written warnings when necessary.
- Conducts a Provisional Performance Appraisal on New Hires within 90 days of hire.
- Continues his/her own professional growth through reading & researching, workshop participation, college classes, training, conferences and growth seminars. Will share newfound knowledge with staff as well.
SITE DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education or another major plus 3 units administration, 3 units child development and 1-year experience, OR
- Associate of Arts in Child Development plus 3 unit’s administration and 2 years’ experience, OR
- 12 ECE units covering child development, child, family, and community, and curriculum plus 3 units administration and 4 years’ experience, OR
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Proven ability to work effectively with school-age children, adult staff and parents, preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Demonstrated skills in communication, both written and verbal
- Current certification in First Aid & CPR totaling 16 hours